Sunday, June 20, 2010

Raavan


Raavan is a much awaited movie of the season, which is to be expected when it's coming from Maniratnam. Watched it yesterday. Raavan is short movie (by Bollywood standards) and a I think a short review will do.
Good: Artistic potential, some scenes are extremely well crafted.
Bad: Or rather not-so-good. The same thing, art goes over the head of mango people. So they laugh when they should be scared. And I think subconscious stereotyping has a role to play here. The script requires intensity and your mind won't accept it from face familiar from romantic movies or something. Very few people can pull this trick (senior B is one, certainly), but Junior B has also tried hard. Rest of the cast is ok, but rather unremarkable. Music I found boring. All in all, a one time watch.

3 comments:

  1. I don't think you can watch it once too..I mean I was bored in the beginning itself..where I found the acting too artificial!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess that was part stereotyping part genuine overacting :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah the movie is literally pathetic.

    ReplyDelete