Wednesday, July 7, 2010

I Hate Luv Storys

...and if you don't, you will if you live through the movie.
The movie's story is ...oops sorry I know its not present, but if you call it a story, then..it is based on how horrendously non-different all Bollywood love stories are. But, what do we have here, another typical mushy, happy-ending-always, dumb-dialogues and extra-exaggerated-climax-proposals. How "different" right?

The movie starts off and you know you've made a wrong movie choice. Anyhow, you can sit through the first half. But the second half, is super stretched as if it wasn't already a typical Bollywood movie.

Direction...I'd say not bad but wasted on an invisible script. Though there are places where the direction fell short, for example the song "I hate luv storys" is put there with no connection at all. If an average viewer like me can notice that, it should have been worked upon by the creative teams that develop and scan and rescan movies to check for flaws they could correct.
But, I'm sorry..it is the director's responsibility to make "actors" act..am I correct? Then I'm sorry the director has failed.
Imran Khan, Aamir's blood runs in him, but his expressions throughout the movie were the same. Be it a scene where he is laughing mischievously or a scene where he is supposed to be dejected on being rejected. Come on, don't play a chocolate-lover-boy character if you cannot at least portray the emotions of love. Sonam, I'd say has done a much better job. In scenes where she is supposed to be dejected, she at least isn't smiling..never mind the stone faced gaze which portrays no emotion at all.
Okay, can I also tear apart the dilaogues now that I haven't liked anything about the movie? No, I think I'll spare that, they were bad, but then there were worser things. So, please please don't bother. And if you do, let me know if your views differ.

1 comment:

  1. agree with u... 1st half we barely survive but second half kills us from start...

    ReplyDelete