Thursday, June 9, 2011

Source code

I had great expectations from this movie. One being the name of this movie..so appealing to all software engineers. Second, well.. no..it was just one reason.

The concept was great, create a new universe which is an exact copy of this one, with a little time lag. All the characters in the new universe are also a copy (no reference). The events that take place in the new universe are also a copy of the original. Sound interesting? Yes, the program that did this was called source code. One more interesting part is that it can send you into the universe, as whatever you would like to be. A handicapped man could be sent in with all his limbs intact. Sound wonderful? Yes.

Well, this concept didn't hit home when you saw the movie. The direction is below average, which makes you feel yes..why..sigh..yawn..again? but he was just here.
The direction was as I mentioned earlier not to the mark. And hence you turned towards the performances for some hope, but that didn't save the movie too. I mean everything was so monotonous after some time that the one and a half hour of the movie seemed like ages.

So in essence this movie is a nice concept gone totally waste! 

2 comments:

  1. Hi...arrived here through the image, I have to say, for some of us everyday mortals who are also over 50 (though not for much) but love what technology allows us to do...(and cinema of course) the experience was not bad at all...I agree it wasn't the very best...but both myself and my almost 16 years old daughter loved it, as well as some friends of ours...we watched it on DVD at home...maybe if I had to pay for the cinema I would have thought differently..but I quiet liked it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi..sure..it may not be a very boring or worthless movie. But there are movies much better than this. The concept was nice..different..but the execution failed..
    But of course, this is my opinion :)

    ReplyDelete