Thursday, October 15, 2009

Wanted - Against

No, the promos aired on TV didn't attract me. No, not even the songs with their no(n)sense choreography.
However, the company of a precious friend made me book tickets to a show for Wanted.
It stars Salman Khan and Ayesha Takia and is a movie directed by Prabhudeva. Now I don't know whether Prabhudeva is going to sleep peacefully after seeing what he has made, but nevertheless I suggest you go for the movie in case you want to fall asleep ;)
It starts with a typical bollywood fight scene, hero is so strong that he makes villains fly around. There is dust, noise, punches and Salman Khan. It is those movies where, the hero is the pivot and everything just revolves around him. The actress is just there to add some oomph, which sadly in this case is a wasted trial by Ayesha. The villain and his expressions are the only things you could possibly bear throughout the movie. Mahesh Manjrekar has acted well as a corrupt cop. Salman Khan as usual overdoes his part and hogs all the attention (undue may I add) which all his fans so shower on him.
As for the story, there isn't any. The action is highly exaggerated and the dialogues are well, I laughed at them. I'm not sure if I laughed at them, since I was bored to death or they genuinely tickled my funny bone. They were witty, I think.
I don't think there is any need to mention direction, since there seriously isn't any direction in which the movie proceeds. Its just hero blows villains, which heroine merrily brings along with her.
My advice, please don't bother!

2 comments: