Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Tum Mile

I wanted to see this movie only because of Soha Ali Khan because I think she is a brilliant actor. No she did not disappoint me. And surprise is that neither did Emraan Hashmi do the honors. It was the direction.
The movie is about a creative jobless man (Emraan) and his love, rich girl working in a steady business (Soha). Typical love story. Problems in the relationship. Guy does not share his frustration, thoughts. Makes Soha feel that she's just a muse for this artist Emraan. All this is the usual right? But the director tries to put all this with the backdrop of the mumbai floods.
There is a lot of to and fro between present and past. This works fine, till the climax of the floods. When the floods and the effect it ha don people is the top most on the audience's mind, you can't switch to a fight between a couple just because they have communication issues. The effects as far as the flood goes are good. They even manage to make you feel sorry for the people stuck in there and it makes you applaud the mumbaikars spirit. But alas, if there had been a little less stress on the couple issues during this I guess the movie would not have looked like a total mess.
As far as the performances go, I think both Soha and Emraan have done good. The story was simple but could have been presented better. Give it a shot for Soha. Else, let it pass.

2 comments:

  1. Good, balanced review..
    I might add one thing though, I liked that the song lyrics actually have meaning.. Something I fear is fast disappearing..

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanku :)
    yup..agree with the songs part..
    they occupy an imp place in my current playlist..

    ReplyDelete