Saturday, September 19, 2009

Another mushy romantic movie

I watched P.S.I Love You just because I had seen books with the same name, supposedly based on the movie. And I had seen so many of them so too often, that I somehow felt the movie is a must watch!
The movie starts by showing how inseparable Hillary Swank(Holly) and Gerard Butler(Gerry) are. One moment they are swearing at each other and the next they are in each others arms. But then suddenly Holly's world is devastated. She is left alone. Gerry is no more. This feeling is the remaining part of the movie.
The movie moved me...as it showed how one can love someone so truly that he could anticipate her every move even after he was dead. The movie also tries to portray how one feels when someone loses their most valued possession.
The funniest thing I remember is when Holly is trying to find a profession she likes. her options display the likes of 'vampire slayer' which is hilarious.
The screenplay with past and present intermingled is good. All other characters play their part well. I liked the part where Holly's mother tries and tells her how she felt when she lost her husband. The only thing the movie portrays is that life moves on even if we don't. Its upto us to move against the current or with it.

The  movie is good, but it hardly comes close to pinching your tear glands. It just passes by without leaving much of an impact. So I would recommend a one time watch for someone who enjoys romantic movies. Others don't waste your time.

1 comment:

  1. thnx ya :)
    sure..ur always welcome..n do drop in any comments tat i cud use to improve the writing :)

    ReplyDelete